Sandford Fleming 1
|1 of 10||Next >||Last >>||Back to gallery|
The Sandford Fleming (15050) was a track inspection car. Its rear glassed-in observation room features stepped theatre seating. In transit between inspection assignments, Sandford Fleming carried a protective grille over its large rear window. The three vertical bars visible in this photo help support the fine steel mesh. This photo was taken in Edmonton in late June, early July 1998.
Sandford Fleming was built in 1949 as New York Central 10 roomette/6 double bedroom sleeper 10333 "Saugus River". It became CN sleeper 2091 "Skeena River" in 1965 before being converted to a track inspection car in 1978. The car was sold to the Canadian Pacific. The name "Standford Flemming " is now on an ex Illinois Central car.