|3 of 10||<< First||< Previous||Next >||Last >>||Back to gallery|
La Verendrye (15160) was built as a 10 roomette/6 double bedroom sleeper by Pullman-Standard in 1950. It started out as Nickel Plate Road (NKP) 209 "City of Muncie" then became Norfolk & Western 209 (still "City of Muncie") through merger in 1964. It was acquired by CN in 1966 and renamed "Riverfield" (2128).
As originally modified for business-train service, this car carried the full name "Pierre de la Verendrye", after the French explorer.
This photo was taken in Edmonton early July 1998 while the car was parked on the caboose track in Walker Yard.