Coureur des Bois
|2 of 10||<< First||< Previous||Next >||Last >>||Back to gallery|
Coureur des Bois was built in 1954 by National Steel Car. It started as a baggage car (9211), was converted to a baggage-dormitory car and then to a work car. It is now called a "company service car". It appears to contain a kitchen.
The car's French name means "runner of the woods". This was a name given to early French-Canadian fur traders who travelled through the hinterland on foot and by canoe.
This photo was taken in Edmonton in late June 1998.